About the Chamber
Our Mission Statement
To support responsible economic growth and prosperity in our community by promoting the interest of local businesses and organizations through leadership, networking, and education.
What is the Seymour Area Chamber?
The Seymour Area Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary partnership of business and professional people working together to build a healthy economy and to improve the quality of life in our community.
Who are the Seymour Area Chamber’s Members?
Chamber members are businesses, organizations, and individuals concerned with the socio-economic climate of our greater Seymour area community. We have joined together because we know we are a stronger community, our businesses thrive, and we stand a better chance of getting things done when we speak as one voice.
Who Leads the Seymour Area Chamber?
WE DO! The Chamber is run by its members. We elect a leadership team that makes up a Board of Directors. Members become more actively involved by working on committees. These committees are Membership, Communication, and Events.
Why Join the Chamber?
- To help your business grow and prosper
- To increase job opportunities
- To educate the community of the importance and benefits of buying local.
- To encourage an orderly and responsible expansion and development of all segments of our community.
- To contribute to the overall economic stability of our community.
Benefits of Membership
- Build relationships with local professionals
- Exchange ideas and develop solutions to common business issues
- Business referrals for Chamber members
- Receive monthly Chamber email newsletter
- Membership plaque to display in your business
- “Shop Local – Buy Local” window cling
- Member to Member discounts
- Included in Business Directory
- Annual Chamber Banquet attendance
- Ribbon cuttings for new business openings
- Networking and Community Development
- Business & social events
- Opportunities to host monthly networking events
- Seminars, workshops and other professional development opportunities
- Serve on a Chamber committee
- Leadership opportunities
- Community involvement including Annual Parade participation
- Opportunities for awards and recognition
- Network with area businesses and community resources
- Business listing on Chamber website
- Website listing with link to your existing website
- Promotion through social media
- “Proud Member” Logo for business website
- Access to mass Email
- Access to online businesses directory.